well, i haven't try it yet but from the steps i can tell u, the outcome will be superb!!haha...
i'm going home tomorrow n let's make it!!
Macaroni and Cheese - Serves 4
- 1 pound elbow pasta
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 t. dried mustard or up to 1 tsp. Dijon mustard (optional)
- A few shakes of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 10 to 12 ounces extra sharp cheddar
- 1/2 t. salt (to taste)
- Heat the milk but don't let it boil. Keep it warm
- Grate the cheese coarsely and set aside.
- Cook the macaroni according to the instruction on the packet.
- To make the white sauce : Melt the butter over medium-low heat, then stir in the flour with a wire whisk (this is called a roux). Turn the burner down a bit and let the roux bubble a few minutes (make sure the butter does not burn). Continue to stir to cook the flour a bit, but don't let it brown. Stir in the warm milk all at once, stirring vigorously with the whisk to smooth out any lumps. Whisk in the mustard and cayenne if you are using them and let the sauce bubble gently for about 2 minutes.
- Drain the macaroni,giving it a few good shakes to get as much water out as possible.
- Remove the sauce from the stove and stir it in the grated cheese and the cooked macaroni. Stir until it is well mixed, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve it right away :)